Honeywell Mechanical Component Scientist in Brno, Czech Republic
Mechanical Component Scientist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Perform R&D search in the area of aircraft intelligent maintenance including technologies for Vehicle Health Management (VHM) / Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) / Prognostic Health Management (PHM) for aerospace, e.g.:
Identify system/component issues (failure modes)
- Design degradation models for selected failure modes
- Propose diagnostics / prognostics solutions on system level
Participate in implementation and validation of the diagnostics / prognostics solution
Work collaboratively within small virtual technology development teams while displaying self-motivation and independence
- Assist in proposal writing to secure funding from internal and external funding sources
Submit technical papers to refereed conferences and Journals
35 Research and Development
EXPERT & WORKING KNOWLEDGE
- M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electro Engineering
- Background in aircraft mechanical systems and components (experience with other systems is beneficial - electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.)
- Background in maintenance and reliability engineering
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills in English
- Reliability,independenceand self-motivation
- At least 2-3 years of relevant practical experience (PhD experience may be considered as relevant experience if appropriate)
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS
- Ph.D. degree in above fields is preferred
- Experience in work on R&D projects (national or EU)
- Experience with team work (leadership)
- Good presentation skills
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req152740
- Category: Technology R&D
- Location: Turanka 1387/100, Brno, BM 62700 CZE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.