Boston Private Bank & Trust Company Trust Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition Number: 18-0030 Title: Trust Officer City: Boston State: MA
The Trust Officer I will manage all aspects of ongoing administration of assigned Trust relationships. They will also participate in identifying and assisting in the opening of new business.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
• Manage assigned trust relationships including all aspects of opening, administering, and closing of trust and fiduciary business; for some trust relationships, may provide support to more senior Trust Officers
• Complete all necessary regulatory reporting regarding Trust accounts including but not limited to Reg. 9 Compliance Services monitoring.
• Responsible for identifying and reporting compliance/ risk related matters within Trust & Fiduciary Services as well as assisting with the management and mitigation of risk. This should include potential and actual complaints, threatened and actual claims
• Understand the nuances of the discretionary review process and participate in such evaluations.
• May serve as a resource for other areas of the Bank with regard to Trust & Fiduciary issues as they may arise.
• Establish themselves with the local estate and financial planning communities to ensure favorable visibility of the Bank and its trust and fiduciary capabilities.
• May engage with Business Development Officers and Business Development Associates in the prospecting, evaluation and acceptance of new Trust business.
• Contribute to the fostering of a strong team oriented positive culture.
• Identify and escalate opportunities for process improvement.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required. Graduate work including J.D. or similar preferred.
• Additional educational certifications such as CFP®, CTFA preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience working within a Trust department, with exposure to working directly with settlors and beneficiaries on trust matters and demonstrated track record of understanding all the components of trust administration.
• Solid understanding of the role of fiduciaries and delivery of trust services.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills suggesting ability to enhance the Bank’s Trust business – both internally and externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)