IQVIA Sr. Business Development Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Establish and manage an effective business development program to maximize organization growth. Serve as overall customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
• Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
• Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Establish brand recognition; communicate with internal Project Managers to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
• Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
• Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Utilize CRM to establish reports and dashboards to analyze business development and sales activities and track progress.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization.
• Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
• Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the CRM system.
• Lead/participate in change management initiatives for the sales organization.
• Provide overall support and serves as a mentor for junior sales staff members.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Req
• 15 years relevant industry experience (CRO/Pharmaceutical) Req Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience Req
• Proven track record at developing mid-level and high-level contacts
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strategic business awareness and analytical skills
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.