SMG Part time Security Guard in Bossier City, Louisiana
Under general supervision; patrols facility and performs all aspects of daily facility security functions and staff to assure protection of employees, clients, patrons and property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stand guard during events, tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants, and others on premises.
Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
Write incident reports and meet with security supervisor to review procedures.
- Inspect alarms and fire extinguisher/sprinkler systems to ascertain they are set to operate.
- Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
- Tour facility examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure they are secured.
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises by direction.
- Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Assist other departments by direction.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in
- the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency
- procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to facility security
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting,
- carrying and climbing.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED, and one year experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read words and numbers in printed form and on a computer
- Ability to speak clearly with proper diction
- Walk/stand for extended periods during a shift
- Climb stairs and lift up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells, and horns
- Ability to travel by automobile
- Ability to use standard office equipment
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position may require working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
TO APPLY: To Apply Please Visit our Career Center.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled