General Dynamics Information Technology IT Service Desk Team Lead in Bethesda, Maryland
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Help Desk
GDIT is currently seeking a IT Service Desk Team Lead in Bethesda, MD. to join our team. In this role you will required to develop, lead, and motivate a team of Service Desk professionals to deliver excellent technical support with a high degree of customer satisfaction while meeting all Service Level Agreements. This position will report directly to the Service Desk Manager and have frequent contact with customers, direct reports, peers and managers.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the daily operation of the Service Desk team
• Manage the daily activities of the assigned team
• Responsible for developing and motivating staff while promoting teamwork
• Work with the Quality Team to address quality issues and improve performance
• Use the ServiceNow ticketing system to capture data and generate reports
• Review and act on daily performance metrics
• Handle calls for escalated issues
• Provide direction to staff members regarding operational issues
• Responsible for staff scheduling and coverage for the Service Desk core hours
• Perform agent activities when necessary – handle customer calls/web submits
• Work with the Service Desk Trainer to recommend and create training opportunities
• Work with the Knowledge Management Team to provide up-to-date procedures and knowledge for personnel and operations of the Service Desk
• Promote teamwork and skill sharing between other groups and the Service Desk teams
• Provide administrative and functional support for personnel activities such as time keeping, performance reviews, counseling, and hiring.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
• BA or equivalent and five years related experience, or MA and three years related experience
• Prior experience leading and directing the activities of the Service Desk
• Ability to make responsible decisions quickly
• Ability to generate and interpret data
• Ability to build and maintain a high-performance team
• Project a professional image
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, direct reports, peers and managers
• Ability to generate, embrace, and endorse positive change
" HDI Support Center Analyst Certification or ability to obtain within first year of employment"
It would be great if you also had:
• Working experience supporting Apple OS and iOS
• ITIL Certification
• HDI Certification
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.