Eversource Energy Lead Database Administrator (MS SQL) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Database Administrators are responsible for the definition, creation and maintenance of enterprise databases. Database Administrators analyze, test and implement physical database designs supporting various business applications (including structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines); and ensure data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirement needs are assessed and met.
- Resolve problems and answer questions related to the database and platform environment (e.g. Windows, UNIX, LINUX).
- Closely monitor performance; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure database is running at optimum speed and efficiency.
- Respond quickly to refresh data; verify implementation of correct backup strategy; develop recovery procedures; support recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error.
- Keep product at current release and maintenance levels; install supporting products; provide current stable production and development environments.
- Use tools to reorganize or de-fragment database table spaces, tables and indexes; provide efficient database environment to maximize productivity and improve performance.
- Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff; execute necessary tasks to accomplish this, including export, drop, create and import.
- Research and recommend optimal design criteria; publish standards and work with development staff; standardize environment and improve efficiency.
- Monitor file system space, database allocation, etc.; verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid out of space conditions.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Expert in relevant database products (e.g. MS SQL, Oracle) and associated products.
- Expert knowledge in working on unusually complex technical problems in a consulting role.
- Provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Assignments are often self-initiated
Mastery knowledge and expertise of General Project Management.
Expert in relevant database products (MS SQL, Oracle)
Database Performance and Tuning:
Expert in database performance and tuning.
Mastery knowledge of relevant operating system.
Expert in relevant utility tools.
Expert in associated products.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between CT/MA/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.