SMG Housekeeping Staff in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Summary: Responsible for performing housekeeping duties in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all cleaning duties including sweeping and vacuuming of carpets, mopping and waxing floors, trash pick-up and removal, cleaning of toilets and urinals, cleaning and shining of mirrors and glass, cleaning walls and trash cans, cleaning of arena seats, dusting furniture, etc.
- Control of housekeeping equipment including but not limited to brooms, mops, buckets and wringers, toilet brushes, garbage bags, push brooms, cleaning cloths, gloves, masks and cleaning solutions, etc.
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance and wears the proper uniform at the direction of the supervisor or manager.
- Responds to calls such as, but not limited to: spilled drinks, broken glass, water leaks, etc.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Physical conversion/setup of facility when necessary.
- Follow safety standards for employees and report any potential safety hazards.
- Ensure proper facility preparations for event requirements as requested.
- Respond to guest inquiries in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain general order for facility equipment for front of house, back of house, and housekeeping storage area.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must have 1- year housekeeping experience/floor technician experience preferred
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time. Position often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, wet floors, dust and noise. Position is not in a fixed location in the facility.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled