SMG Dishwasher in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef/Sous Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Summary: Under supervision of Director of Finance, Maintain and clean inventory of small wares, utensils, and kitchen supplies and equipment along with keeping the kitchen area safe and sanitary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keep all dishes, small wares, and utensils cleaned.
- Organize and maintain proper inventory of small wares, utensils, and cleaning supplies and equipment, reordering when necessary.
- Clean and properly maintain working areas and equipment in kitchen.
- Organize and properly store perishables for Cooks and receiving and issuing Clerks.
- Some food preparation when assigned by Supervisor.
- Set up and breakdown of dishes, food equipment & linen from events.
- Follow all rules and regulations of SAVOR/SMG.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a pleasant personality and neat and clean appearance.
- Must be able to work standing for the duration of shift.
- Must have proper non slip safety shoes.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background check
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled