Actalent Research Associate I/II in Baltimore, Maryland
Empowering the Fight Against Cancer by unlocking actionable information from the genome. We are developing an innovative portfolio of regulated tissue-based and non-invasive liquid biopsy genomic products for laboratories worldwide. We are currently seeking an extraordinary, highly motivated individual to join our Research and Development team, with a focus on optimization and development of tissue and cell-free DNA liquid biopsy approaches. The successful candidate will perform and optimize laboratory-based diagnostic analyses for research and clinical use following guidelines of regulatory agencies for academic, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical clients.
• Perform molecular-based diagnostic analyses to support assay development and verification in a regulated laboratory environment
• Work with R&D team to execute early to late-stage development studies for tissue and plasma-based NGS assays
• Perform nucleic acid extraction from various biospecimen types, laboratory based diagnostic assays, and orthogonal methods.
• Provides general input to the development of plans, programs, processes, priorities, and operational goals.
• Maintain, follow, and optimize current SOPs and laboratory protocols for maximum efficiency and yield.
• Author detailed, accurate, and accessible procedural protocols and records in accordance with GDP and PDP
• Database (LIMS), document, and record upkeep.
• Assists in performing equipment maintenance, calibration records, and maintain quality control programs.
• Aid in managing supply and reagent inventory.
• Manage several projects at once and master new concepts and skills quickly with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Promote quality and procedural improvement thought process.
• Help keep facility neat, clean, and orderly at all times.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other responsibilities required for successful R&D laboratory o& CLIA operations as assigned by manager.
pipetting, Molecular, R&D, NGS, assay, CLIA, CAP, GLP, DNA, DNA sequencing, Next Generation, Clinical, DNA Extraction, QC, quality control, cell-based assays, GLP, CAP, LIMS
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
• 1-2 years experience with molecular techniques, biochemical and/or cell-based assays (next generation sample preparation and sequencing preferred)
• Experience working in a regulated laboratory (CLIA/CAP/GLP) is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate.
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.