PPD Research Technician - Per Diem in Austin, Texas
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research. Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Research Technician you will be offered comprehensive training to provide technical support services such as phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, EKGs to the study conduction teams, helping to assure successful study completion.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Supports the study conduction process for Phase I clinical studies. Collects study-specific data by performing technical and non-technical procedures.
Performs technical procedures including Automated Vital Signs, Electrocardiogram, blood collections, etc.
Performs non-technical procedures including urine collections, subject walks and safety monitoring.
Interacts regularly with study subjects in all in-house and outpatient studies in order to perform study related procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Per Diem is hours not guaranteed but hours typically average 20-29 hours per week
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job or ability to be trained in Phase I technical procedures.
/In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role./
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be trained in all Phase I technical procedures
- Ability to interact with subjects and staff in a professional manner
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Job: *Phase I Clinics
Organization: *US BU
Title: Research Technician - Per Diem
Location: TX-Austin-Austin TX Metro Center Dr 200
Requisition ID: 202994
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group