State of Maine, Bureau of Human Resources Patient Navigator in Augusta, Maine
Augusta, Maine, United States
Public Health Nurse I Opening Date: September 13, 2018 Closing Date: September 27, 2018 Job Class Code: 4051
Grade: 20 (Nurses)
Salary: $40,580.80 - $52,790.40yr.
CURRENT VACANCY INFORMATION:
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protect the public health and assist our customers in meeting their needs.
The mission for the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC), within which this position is located, is to develop and deliver services to preserve, protect, and promote the health and well-being of the citizens of Maine.
You will become part of the CradleME referral system team at MCDC. Your responsibilities include care planning and coordination, triaging public health referrals, performing outreach to families, advising and assisting civic groups on nursing and public health needs, and performing certain senior level administrative functions. Work is performed under limited supervision. You will also:
• Apply the nursing process to individuals and families including health assessment, care plan development, implementation and evaluation, resource coordination, and/or referral to meet demonstrated health care needs.
• Plan, develop and coordinate client care with hospitals, medical providers, schools, and social services agencies to ensure necessary services are delivered.
• Document the family environment, identify health problems or at-risk behavior, and contact appropriate resources and agencies to respond to family and client needs.
• Represent CradleME and provide education about the referral system to health professionals, social workers, community agencies, and volunteers to provide nursing services or home visiting services in community health programs, schools, conferences, and clinics.
A three (3) year combination of training and experience which includes graduation from an approved nursing education program and 15 credit hours in psychology, sociology, nutrition, rehabilitation, or community health – AND – six (6) months of graduate nurse experience – OR – graduation from a four (4) year nursing education program.
LICENSING/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (These must be met by all employees prior to attaining permanent status in this class).
Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse as issued by the State Board of Nursing.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Knowledge of public health programs, current nursing principles and practices, and nursing process.
• Knowledge of public health nursing laws, education, and administration.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
Value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of pay
Value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly
Value of State-paid Health Insurance*:
Level 1: 100% State Contribution = $444.68 biweekly (employee pays nothing)
Level 2: 95% State Contribution = $422.45 biweekly (Employee pays: 5%)
Level 3: 90% State Contribution = $400.21 biweekly (Employee pays: 10%)
Level 4: 85% State Contribution = $377.98 biweekly (Employee pays: 15%)
*The level of actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program as of July 1, 2018.
The State of Maine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.