Hilton Night Chef in Auckland, New Zealand
A Night Chef is responsible for running the kitchen when on duty to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing staff and controlling food costs.
What will I be doing?
As a Night Chef, you are responsible for running the kitchen when on duty to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Night Chef will also be required to manage staff and control food costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Run the kitchen when on duty
- Manage the kitchen staff effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
- Manage customer relations when necessary
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene, Health and Safety, and stock procedures
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
What are we looking for?
A Night Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- MUST be eligable to work in New Zealand
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Night Chef
Requisition ID: HOT07H9L