Cardinal Health Operations Manager - 1st Shift in Atlanta Kendall Park, Georgia
Our Medical Segment business is currently looking for an operations Manager to lead and support the day-to-day Inbound department for our Atlanta Global Replenishment Center located in Atlanta, GA. This leader will report directly to the Director of Operations and has operational responsibility for all inbound related activities within the 609,000 square foot Distribution Center
• Total operations logistics, planning, employee engagement, and development to include management of inbound/outbound operations, quality, inventory control, EHS, QRA, SOX compliance and transportation.
• Proactively work with all support functions (sales, inventory, finance, human resources, sales and operations, transportation, sourcing/buyers and others) to ensure excellent external customer service and quality
• Serve as project Sponsor and leader for initiatives, implementations, and network project identified on project pipeline
• Leads a staff to ensure timely receiving, and shipping while
maintaining inbound quality and improving the RC cost per line
• Responsible for developing the skill sets (technical and leadership) of all RC leaders (exempt and non-exempt) through coaching, training, effective/efficient performance and behavior feedback all the while role modeling top notch leadership
• Leads cross business team(s) to gather input on inbound/inventory
control/outbound/reverse logistics service and quality
• Reviews measurement results to determine root causes for any process defects; provides
direction in creating countermeasures (results)
• Analyzes the effectiveness of process changes while continually strives to close gaps between actual vs. expected results
• Understands the key performance metrics (KPIs) and monitors all RC operational process
to ensure the RC meets/exceeds on all KPIs and organizational goals
• Ensures all warehouse equipment is properly maintained (preventive maintenance and reactive repairs)
• Maintains a safe and fun/exciting working environment
• Develop training plans (compliance and technical/functional) to ensure all non-exempt associates have the knowledge and confidence to excel in their assigned role/tasks
• Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to achieve all KPIs
• Implements and administers all policies and procedures
• Ensures quality and service (the perfect order) is provided to the external customers along with excellent customer service on all internal correspondence
• Efficiently and effectively addresses all associate’s concerns (performance, absenteeism, behavior, etc.) in a timely manner
• Use data to analyze root causes (reasons for a process not performing as expected)
• Ensures the Cardinal Health’s Leadership Essentials and Core Values are consistently modeled by all RC associates (exempt and non-exempt)
• Participates in sales meeting/updates with external customers (current/potential) to ensure sustainability/scalability solutions
• Works with subordinates/peers (inside and outside of the RC) to increase overall knowledge of Cardinal Health
• Lead the Lean Six Sigma efforts in the RC (continuously act as the Lean champion)
• Plan, implement and complete all required leadership and technical training for all exempt and non-exempt associates
• Act as a “tour-ready” RC for all expected RC visitors (internal and external)
• Continually looking for problems within the processes to solve (go see, identify root causes, implement countermeasures and control)
• Continue to look for creative ways to improve the facility and operations through established standards and new ideas
• Drive associate/employee engagement through effective and efficient execution of the voice of the employee (VOE) action plans
• Actively manage multiple competing priorities through delegation to RC leadership staff
- This role will have responsibilities amongst two shifts. One shift that starts at 5AM and another that starts at 3PM (Monday - Friday). The Manager would be required to stay until the work for the shift has been completed.
• Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, strongly preferred
• Minimum of 4-6 years’ previous leadership experience preferred
• 5 years leading in a fast-paced environment (e-commerce or similar) preferred
• 3 years leading exempt associates preferred
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills preferred
• Experience in distribution preferred
• Lean Six Sigma (certified or experience) strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
• Working knowledge of a Warehouse Management System (PkMS/Manhattan) preferred
- This role will have responsibilities for two shifts. One shift that starts at 5AM and another that starts at 3PM (Monday - Friday). The Manager would be required to stay until the work for the shift has been completed.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.