Bank of America Merchant Account Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Merchant Account Specialist
Charlotte, North Carolina;Atlanta, Georgia
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Centralized Merchant Account Specialists are responsible for managing day to day relationships with clients. The primary responsibilities include retaining existing revenue, seeking opportunities to deepen solutions per relationship, net new opportunities for lower merchant revenues ($50K and below), manage pricing & profitability, and direct phone/web-based clients calling.
The MAS will liaise regularly with local Treasury Sales teammates (TAMS) on cross sale opportunities and IAs on fulfillment request & dedicated Bronze Servicing member for service requests. The MAS is responsible for coordinating regular relationship review meetings with the Treasury and client team and will look at any process inefficiencies, improvements and industry initiatives that would benefit the client.
MASs will work in partnership with Local Merchant Sales and Merchant Treasury Sales Officers and Relationship Managers to ensure clients are receiving excellent coverage, and will recommend changes when a move to local coverage or other options are appropriate.
• Originates new merchant business either self-sourced or in partnership with the banker and TSO
• Deep understanding of a client’s commerce ecosystem and the ability to consult on ways to integrate, cover industry standards and trends and BACs product solutions
• Main point of contact for contract negotiations, RFP, pricing
• Ability to appropriately drive solutions per relationship across the merchant solutions set - transarmour, equipment, IPP, etc.
• Work across a matrixed coverage organization to achieve objectives - working with banker and TSO to uncover opportunities, advise in the best way to target prospects and close new business
• Manage the existing portfolio of merchant clients looking for ways to examine the business, drive more volume, deploy more product and responsibly retain and grow revenue
• Be first point of call for bankers, TSOs and clients on merchant business, advice, portfolio management
• Provide strategic guidance to help clients stay ahead of merchant trends and be committed to delivering the solutions that make commerce easier
• 2-5 years of Core Acquiring (Credit/Debit) industry experience
• 2-5 years of direct sales experience
• 2-5 years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales.
• Consultative sales experience with Business Banking, Large Corporate, and/or Commercial Banking clients
• Expert knowledge of POS (integrated/standalone) payment interfaces
Strong communicator that values giving and receiving feedback
• Person who can easily build relationships with clients and partners remotely
• Quick thinking, always learning and sharing knowledge
• Analytical, organized and able to use technology to deliver for our clients as this sales position is not in person
• Proven experience working in a fast‐paced environment as part of a larger team
• Understanding of PC payment applications, merchant services industry applications, accounting systems, competition/competitive landscape in the payments industry, enterprise resource planning systems (ERP), data security (PCI), file formatting, and data transmissions
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
• Effective planning, prioritization and time management acumen.
• Ability to coach colleagues with less experience and/or knowledge, as necessary.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, OneNote
• Ability to quickly learn various sales applications
Bachelors or equivalent preferred
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .