Express Scripts Patient Care Coordinator II - Accredo in Ashburn, Virginia
The Patient Care Coordinator II works within the Field Nursing team to complete non-clinical projects and work. Contacts/interacts with internal and external customers to ensure the timely scheduling and coordination of nursing visits/activities in a specified region/geography. Facilitates coordination and communication with nursing agencies necessary for providing care to Accredo patients. Maintains nursing schedule. Processes and tracks nursing documentation as necessary. Acts as a liaison between nurses, pharmacists and patients to ensure that identified problems and concerns are addressed. Uses company email, chart notes, task queues and phone system to communicate across functions and externally.
- Schedules nursing and patient appointments by using the organization applications in alignment with organizational goals and policies and in collaboration with Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor as needed. Contacts/confers with patients regarding their scheduling needs and requests. Maintains daily RN visit schedule and monthly on-call schedule.
- Assists nursing department by monitoring documentation workflow. Follows up on nursing order documentation, missing nursing visit documentation, and collaborates with nursing management as needed to address patient nursing needs/concerns.
- Assists nursing department to control costs by making visit assignments with consideration of patient/RN geographic proximity, potential for overtime costs, etc.
- Actively participates in nursing phone queue to assist callers and provide information or transfer to appropriate personnel and document in medical record as appropriate
- Tracks RN required documentation as noted in nurse database. Notifies RNs of document renewals due, tracks & follows-up on receipt of outstanding documents. Engages nursing management for any potential gaps in nursing documentation.
- Notifies pharmacists, nurses, and other related departments’ staff of any identified problems/issues
- Utilizes email, databases, and Excel spreadsheets to track, record and communicate with other members of the team.
- Any other duties as assigned by nursing management
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years customer service experience in the medical field or in home infusion drug therapy
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency in Access preferred
- High energy, self-motivated, engaging individual
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.