Sandia National Laboratories Solutions Architect, Automation Engineer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Data Center Operations (Department 10774) has an opening for an experienced automation engineer. The primary responsibility is to help develop Storage-As-A-Service infrastructure to support the enterprise server systems. Duties will include hardware, software, operating system maintenance, performance tuning, capacity planning, and testing. In order to manage our mission essential computing environment, it will be critical for the successful candidate to develop close working relationships with team members, customer groups, and other teams in 10770 and 9300 orgs.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus five or more years of experience, or equivalent:
experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the job
- Three or more years working in an IT infrastructure. This includes higher level storage knowledge
- Scripting experience in Powershell with a combination of vendor tools and RestFUL API interfaces
- Strong team orientation and customer focus
- Knowledge and experience with administration and management of servers and storage systems that provide enterprise-wide services in Linux / Windows environments
- Experience with virtualization technologies, both VMware and Hyper-V platforms
- Experience with various storage hardware vendors
- Experience with Fiber Channel Zoning, VMWare Datastores, and Windows / Linux volume management
- Experience with Reporting on storage capacities, unitization, and performance
- Familiarity with the application and management of Linux/ Windows Servers
- Knowledge and application of Disaster Recovery strategies including replication and backup software for the protection and recovery of systems and data
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and nurture effective relationships internal and external to the organization.
Provide state-of-the-art infrastructure computing systems for the laboratory at benchmark efficiency while ensuring the highest reliability and enterprise utility. Services include infrastructure tier 0 services (DNS, DHCP, Time, & Authentication), Storage & Backup, Data Center Operations and Consolidations, Disaster Recovery, and need-to-know authorization as well as computing resources which can be accessed, shared and utilized from anywhere on the internal, external and classified networks.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT