3M 3M HIS Software Engineer (Albany, NY) in ALBANY, New York
3M is seeking a Software Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Albany, NY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with todays challenges while preparing for tomorrows. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Software Engineer will write, debug, maintain, and test healthcare application software and supporting data structures. The Software Engineer will be tasked with building high-quality, innovative, and fully performing features that comply with 3M's coding standards and technical design. The Software Engineer will act as a team contributor of a Scrum team, to build data pipeline enhancements, automated tests, and automated deployments that meet the requirements defined by the Product Owner.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members, stakeholders, leadership and other engineers to achieve optimal solutions
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Support leadership initiatives and the strategic technical direction of the organization
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and able to handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Possess a Bachelors degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of software development experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree education requirement
- Minimum of one (1) year of development experience with object oriented programming, such as Java, #, C or Python (Course work and internships considered)
- Minimum of one (1) year of data warehousing experience with technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB or Oracle (Course work and internships considered)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Experience with AWS or other cloud based services
- Experience in Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Enterprise Linux, Windows, or both
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Experience with large scale Healthcare Data
- Experience in version control systems, such as SVN, CodeCommit or Git
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, iterative team development
- Highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence others
Location: Albany, NY
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where youll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity