Actalent Analytical Chemist in Alameda, California
Top Oncology Clinical Research Company!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform high throughput compound library QC and purification using LCMS and the data processing software
• Perform sample preparation pre and post purification by using automated liquid handler robots
• Perform data analysis and prepare analysis report under supervision
• Help routine maintenance and troubleshooting of chromatography and liquid handling instruments.
• Proper maintenance of laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policies and practices
• Compliance with safe laboratory practices and EH&S guidelines
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• BS/MS in chemistry or related disciplines, major in Analytical Chemistry is preferred but not required. PHD is acceptable.
• Experience using LCMS, UPLC in drug discovery setting
• Experience with purification and characterization of small molecule compounds
• Experience with automation on liquid handling processes
• analytical chemistry skills
• Efficient use of LC instruments
• Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and works well within a team environment
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.