Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Microsoft Azure is in the cloud race to win it! We are part of the Azure networking team responsible for designing, building and operating critical network services that will help us differentiate from our fierce competitors and generate new revenue. We are responsible for enabling enterprises to connect their on premise networks and devices to the cloud, in the most secure and performant way possible. Our team also builds application delivery services such as load balancing and firewalls. At the core of these services is a solid SDN and NFV infrastructure that we continuously innovate on to improve agility, reliability and cost effectiveness of our services.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about developing network services that provide reliable connectivity at hyperscale. We seek candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• Application (HTTP, HTTPS), transport & security (TCP/UDP, TLS), switching & routing (BGP, BFD) protocols
• Linux Kernel, DPDK
• Container platforms and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.,)
• Virtualization (hypervisors; VM switching), performance optimization, hardware offloads
• Distributed systems, distributed hash tables
The successful candidate will bring:
• Solid Design and Dev skills
• Experience with systems programming, performance optimization
• Open source contributions
• Experience shipping products or services
• Passion for innovation and impact
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
The position will involve internal and external collaborations with networking teams and vendors. This is a highly visible role in an area of large and expanding investment for Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth. Our team’s innovations are well recognized in the cloud and networking industry.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.