Ricoh Americas Corporation VP, Infrastructure Eng.Engineering & Software Development in Sterling, Virginia
The Vice President, Infrastructure Engineering is an experienced leader who possesses a deep technical background in a wide range of technologies and is able to lead multiple teams in meeting technology oriented objectives. The VP will be responsible for the planning and management of our core technology infrastructures in all data center and operating locations that support the platforms used to provide services to our customers. The VP will be an active member of the leadership team that will develop infrastructure strategy and make technology decisions for the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement strategic vision for the Core Engineering organization and provide the leadership to assure the consistent execution of this vision.
- Establish strong relationships across the organization with key partners and constituents, specifically Network Operations, Operations Engineering, Security, Data Center Operations, Regional Operations and Sales to meets the team's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the management and implementation of core infrastructure technologies to ensure reliability, stability and scalability of operations and service delivery.
- Actively participate in the development of Capital and Operating Expense plans and budgets.
- Evaluate existing processes and tools used to track, report and manage capacities on all core infrastructure platforms across the organization.
- Responsible for all disciplines of Infrastructure Engineering from planning, budget, capacity, and execution. Sets priorities and objectives for direct reports
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for design, development, delivery and maintenance of current and future technologies addressing internal and external business needs.
- Identifies new technologies and tools to support and improve technology delivery.
- Challenges and pushes the organization to constantly improve, is willing to change by adopting new methods and actively promotes change initiatives
- Partner with other functional groups to develop, manage, track, and analyze operational support structures, tools, methods and procedures and processes to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a quality customer experience
- Manages and owns escalations of operational issues. Directs a team of the most senior engineers within the organization to resolve any and all escalations.
- Maintains current aware of technology trends and provides feedback to senior management in order to fully understand the capabilities of new technology trends
- Establish functional strategic goals for improving operations, products and services. Initiate and direct activity aligned with achieving improvement goals.
- Actively participates in contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Assesses and develops talent capability to support the needs of the Organization
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Advanced Degree desirable.
- Technical Certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, VMware)
- 10+ years of experience in related field, with 3+ years of experience with a network or service provider
- Experience managing multi-layered teams in a technical setting
- Demonstrated hands on experience working on client projects, technical design and re-architecture, large system migrations and complex deployments.
- Experience with hardware configuration, software installation and configuration, data service configuration, system operation and system diagnosis and recovery.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.