Sherwin-Williams Production Worker - Portland in States, United States
Title: Production Worker - Portland
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Number: 17000E0D
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by manufacturing, packaging and shipping quality brushes and rollers in a safe manner.
Major tasks include:
• Advocate & practice the principals of the safety program.
• Participate in Plant safety committee meetings and activities
• Use computers to enter data for work associated tasks
• Operate manufacturing equipment
• Operate packaging equipment
• Operate fork-lifts (as applicable per position)
• Loading and unloading of trucks with finished goods (as applicable per position)
• Monitor quality of product in manufacturing and packaging areas
• Reading and following instructions in all areas of the production floor; manufacturing, packaging, shipping, receiving, etc.
• Participate in house keeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter free work environment
Physical requirements include:
• Ability to use both arms, wrists and hands for grasping, reaching, and fine manipulation at the waist to chest height.
• Continuous use of hands and arms.
• Lifting of packaging and raw materials up to 25 (and occasionally 50) pounds
• Frequent twisting at the waist.
• Work can be done sitting or standing.
Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have a high school diploma, GED certificate, or equivalent
Must have access to reliable transportation
Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
Experience with fine manipulation (such as sewing, cutting hair or related activities)
Experience in an environment where you rotated from department to department
Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
Pay Rate/Shift Premium: