King County Washington Human Resource Analyst in Seattle, Washington
King County is looking for an enthusiastic HR professional that can bring their energy and drive for excellence to King County's Department of Information Technology (KCIT). KCIT provides information technology services to King County and other regional partners. KCIT is transforming into a top IT organization and the human resources team is key to that effort. We are seeking someone who is customer focused and trustworthy with excellent process management and planning skills to provide our core human resources services to staff. Under the direction of senior HR staff, this position will provide a wide range of human resources support to the agency's 450+ employees.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- HRIS/Data Analytics management for the department,
- HR Operations management for the department,
- FMLA and other leaves administration,
- Process improvement for HR functions,
- Maintenance of employment records and files,
- On-boarding and Off-boarding activities. King County values a work life balance. We offer an outstanding benefits package, 10 paid holidays, life insurance, an employee assistance program and much more. Please visit our website to learn about King County's commitment to employee's health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
This career service position and is open to all qualified applicants.
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. and this position is overtime eligible.
As a part of our HR team, you will provide responsive front line support of the core functions of the human resources group.
- _PeopleSoft:_ Add, update and maintain employee data in PeopleSoft. Ability to create useful reports using queries.
- _Data Analytics:_ Serve as the technical expert in the department to perform complex research and analysis, to include people analytics using Microsoft Excel. Knowledge/experience using analytical tools is desirable.
- _Leave Benefit Administration_: Administer FMLA and other leave benefits. Review and approve leave requests, ensure approvals/denials comply with Federal, State, and County laws/policies. Provide advice and consultation on leaves issues, coordinate activities with central HR, Benefits, and Payroll as necessary.
- _Reporting and Compliance_: Prepare and develop reports relating to human resources issues and functions. Ensure employee status is correct in PeopleSoft. Respond to requests for employee information including verifications of employment and unemployment claims. Create, maintain, and manage employee files and other records both electronically and in hard copy.
- _Process_: Enhance HR team's operational processes and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of HR services to the organization by utilizing technology and developing efficient workflows. Play a key role in multiple enterprise wide HR System initiatives including process review and enhancements.
- _Onboarding and off boarding_*:* Lead the orientation of new employees, coordinate new hire and exit activities and processes.
- _Employment and Staffing_: Assist with recruitment processes, coordinate background checks and the hiring temporary employees and manage positions and employee data in PeopleSoft.
- _Research and respond to inquiries_ by staff and the general public in a timely manner.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
The most competitive candidates will have at least three years of generalist human resources experience that includes strong operational and analytical skills in a fast paced environment with an emphasis on using technology tools to create work products and enhance work flows. The most qualified candidates will have the demonstrated ability in:
- Possessing a strong background using PeopleSoft or comparable HRIS system.
- Figuring out the processes necessary to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Organizing activities and analyzing business processes and combining tasks into efficient workflow; knowledge of how to simplify work tasks.
- Experience with SharePoint and analytics tools e.g. Tableau.
- Quickly absorbing and applying new information about KCIT and our HR practices.
- Learning the business environment to better understand the department's strategic direction and how the human resources function supports the department's success.
- Efficiently managing a high volume of work activities and set priorities, focusing on what's important.
- Knowledge of federal and local leave laws.
- Researching issues, gathering data from multiple sources, performing analysis, and recommending appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated skill at working collaboratively, creating relationships, building trust and rapport with others.
- Must be skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite of software products and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the effective use of visuals in communication.
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities; action-oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; problem-solver and analytical
Skills in applying quantitative and qualitative analysis and evaluating data for decision making DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience providing human resources support in an IT organization.
- Experience working in the public sector.
- Experience providing human resources support in a unionized environment.
- PHR/SPHR certification
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. A completed King County Application and answers to the supplemental questions are required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume. Please contact Ruchita Tulsyan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions related to this position.
Job Title: Human Resource Analyst
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 09/15/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 09/27/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $33.53 - $42.50 Hourly $69,742.40 - $88,400.00 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Chinook Building - 401 5th Ave, Seattle, Washington
Department: King County Department of Information Technology