Microsoft Corporation Server H/W Program Manager - CSI / Azure - Cloud Server Infrastructure in Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Azure Cloud Server Infrastructure team (CSI) is delivering best in class, cloud first, solutions for every customer segment. Do you want to be on the cutting edge of Hardware technology for the Microsoft Cloud? Are you driven to deliver the best customer experience in the cloud? Do you like working in a fast paced, collaborative environment? If this sounds like you then we should talk.
Learn more about our team and projects here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
The Azure Hardware team is looking for a Program Manager to own and drive commodity strategies and requirements for the Microsoft Cloud. The successful candidate will work across Microsoft to gather requirements and identify new technologies to help drive new scenarios in the cloud. You will need to distill various product requirements and propose creative technical solutions that allow for a consistent and efficient commodity strategy. You will write specifications and detailed requirement documentation around critical commodities centered around storage (HDD), memory, networking, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work across Microsoft to understand the technical requirements around critical commodities of various Microsoft Cloud offerings.
• Work with industry partners to drive technology requirements to optimize for the Microsoft Cloud.
• Partner with various technology teams and our supply chain to deliver new commodity solutions for the Microsoft Cloud.
• Be the subject matter expert on critical commodities on both the technical side and industry trends.
Keys to Success/Qualifications:
• Bachelors required. Comp Sci, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 2-5+ years minimum experience working in Technical Program or Project Management roles.
• 2-5+ years’ experience working with critical server HW commodities including storage, memory, and networking.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding collaboration skills
• Experience working with complex supply chains and collaborating to deliver solutions.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
• Demonstrated track-record of self-directed execution
*Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hardware engineering