Leidos Safety Engineer (Entry-Level) in OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma
The NISC III program is recruiting for an entry-level Safety Engineer to manage the Safety Program for the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center campus.
Specific Job Description
· Supports in development of procedures, processes, standards, specifications, and systems to identify and achieve optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposures that may harm people, property, and/or the environment.
· Serves as part of a multidisciplinary team in analyzing field-level hazard-producing mechanisms.
· Researches regulatory, scientific, and engineering written materials.
· Assists safety professionals in facility inspections and annual audits. Works with team to inspect new and on-going construction projects.
· Reviews construction drawings from an occupational safety and health perspective
· Provides assistance with the traffic safety program
· Provides assistance with Safety Program Meetings.
· Bachelors degree in Safety Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience.
· General Safety Program Management
· Construction Safety
· Safety Inspections
· Traffic Safety
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.