Microsoft Corporation Solution Spec in New York, New York
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become a Cloud first, Mobile first company. At the same time, mobility and devices are two of the fastest growing and most top of mind issues for large Enterprises. Winning with Surface Devices is core to driving this transformation and capturing this opportunity.
The Microsoft Surface portfolio presents amazing opportunities for businesses. Commercial sales of Surface are growing rapidly, and we are looking for highly-experienced and motivated sales talent to help customers realize the value of Surface in their business. If you are a proven talent with experience in hardware sales, help us take this product to new heights in a market with millions of passionate customers and billions of dollars in business. We are an unmatched team comprised of talent, passion, expertise, and commitment.
As a Surface Solution Specialist you will:
Be the Surface sales leader and expert for your assigned set of accounts as part of the Modern Workplace team:
• Drive new revenue growth across a wide variety of Surface devices (Pro, Hub, Book, Studio, Laptop) by showing excellence in pipeline & inventory management to achieve monthly forecasts
• Deliver customer business transformation and success through accelerated adoption and usage resulting in customer references that can be leveraged in future sales engagements
• Compete aggressively and proactively to win new business and share through differentiated customer business value
• Deliver briefings to customers, including Early Adopter Programs, to drive success of new and updated first party-devices
Be the interface to the customer and orchestrate a v-team of resources to solve customer problems:
• Extend relationships beyond IT to business decision makers, helping customers envision & achieve digital transformation
• Solve customer business challenges by presenting the value of Surface devices, including use cases, financial analysis, ROI, etc.
• Own oportunities from start to close by orchestarting virtual teams consisting of technical and partner roles; leverage partners to scale sales on hardware refresh, upsell and expand sales motions
• Support operational execution of complex deals with operations and product teams
• Collaborate with other technical and sales roles to close sales
Make others great at selling Surface devices
Stay sharp and assist Microsoft transform how we deliver value to customers:
• Continuously nurture and expand sales, business, technology, and competitive readiness
• Participate in internal Microsoft sales communities and in the broader industry through events, yammer, community gatherings and more
Who We Are Looking For
• Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute on complex opportunities.
• Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
• Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
• Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential
• Travel Required: 50%.
• Amazing Salesperson: Exhibits outstanding operational excellence, including forecasting, healthy pipeline development, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration.
• 5-10 years of experience in enterprise sales; 3-5 years of experience in hardware sales.
• Proven success in closing complex deals and technical understanding of devices and commercial requirements.
• Good understanding of Microsoft’s business model and sales model.
• Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
• Leader: Demonstrated sales and partner management experience; strong passion for building and driving a business
• Challenger mindset: Competes to win new market share
• Influential: Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to C-level business decision makers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology related discipline (preferred)
• Additional training in sales, business or marketing (preferred)
• MBA (desired)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales