Caterpillar Inc. Materials Specialist - 170007VC in Morton, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5151021 For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Materials Specialist-II at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
* Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Perform related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required. Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Performs housekeeping functions as required.
* Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
* One year of previous work or volunteer experience
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
* Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience
* Experience with operation of materials handling equipment
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
* Computer skills
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents, the ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
* Ability to obtain forklift certification
* Multiple openings on 2nd and 3rd shift
* Wage is $14.86 with 30 cent per hour night shift premium
* Positions are supplemental (40 or more hours per week but with no vacation or holiday pay and limited benefits)
* Positions are in Morton, Illinois
* There is no relocation offered for these positions
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.