Defense Finance and Accounting Service Visual Information Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
About the Agency
DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position: http://www.dfas.mil/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement/appointment-eligibility.html
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Serves as graphic design and production, visual information and web/electronic media design expert in support of the Human Resources Directorate's training and workforce development mission.
- Leads projects in the design and development of creative and innovative learning products (classroom training materials, job aids, activities, web-based solutions, etc.). Works closely with managers and subject matter experts to maximize the communication of information and enhance the effectiveness of training products in support of workforce development strategy.
- Collaborates with Instructional Design specialists, training developers and subject matter experts to review raw information, recommend presentation strategy and determine the most effective methods for highlighting/enhancing subject matter in achieving desired informational and instructional goals.
- Advises managers and subject matter experts regarding available distance learning methodologies such as multimedia authoring, video tele-training and web based instructions.
- Designs comprehensive visual information applications including basic type size, lay-out and color applications, through the advanced use of computer graphics programs, use of camera-ready copy, pictorial material and animation.
- Designs, implements and supports technology based training using multimedia authoring tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Go Animate to translate written curriculum into visually effective learning products.
- Partners with customers to gather data and analyze effectiveness of training products in meeting desired training and workforce development goals. Develops measurement techniques and metrics, assesses outcomes, and make recommendations for improvement of product and processes.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees Only
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Served 3 months after initial competitive appointment into Federal Service
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: Providing comprehensive visual communication strategies for customers in the planning, development and design of web-based, print or video products. Work must show examples of web-based visual design and use of graphics programs used in desktop publishing, photo manipulation, video capture and imaging.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience at this grade level.
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in Federal Service. Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service. Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-Critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will NOT be paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Occasional (Less than 25%).
- This position is covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476820300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-24
Salary: $72,663 to $94,465 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Series: 1084 Visual Information
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: IN-10037517-17
Control number: 476820300