Precision Castparts Corp. Product Engineering Manager in Huntington, West Virginia
SUMMARY Act as Technical Authority for a plant or facility. Integrate all Product Manufacturing Engineering activity through the manufacturing process. Lead, manage and develop the Product Engineering community within the facility. Professionally accountable to the "Director of Quality & Engineering".
• Technical Authority for the facility, accountable for the Method of Manufacturing and compliance to Specifications.
• Ensure manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture within the facility are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, and delivery rate and lead time.
• Control manufacturing process change within the facility.
• Provide technical input into the facility strategy, including ensuring that Materials and Manufacturing Process strategy implications are included in capital plans.
• Develop numerate, real time methods for capturing process capability, and ensure it is available and acted on within the plant.
• Working with the Product Circuit Leaders and Manufacturing Process Owners, drive manufacturing processes used within the facility towards identified consistent best practice.
• Lead technical problem resolution and technical improvement activities within the facility. Coach the community in the use of PCC tools (Lean/Six Sigma).
• Lead the Product Engineering community within the facility, including flow down of Prod Eng. Mgr. business processes and audit of compliance with those processes.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Other tasks as appropriate and as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degreed Engineer, Mechanical or Materials Science preferred. 10+ years’ experience in Primary Metals/Manufacturing.
• 5+ years’ experience in a Managerial role over a technical staff. Strong Interpersonal and Communications Skills required. Successful candidate will show job progression with increased levels of responsibility throughout his/her career.
• Good understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the Primary Metals Industry. Experience with Hot work, Anneal, Heat Treat, Extruding is desired.
• General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (Oracle, Minitab, Microsoft Office Suites, etc.) relevant to the business
• Has led projects/activities across a range of Manufacturing Engineering processes
• Has experienced manufacturing change in a suitable combination of ways, such as facility re-design, facility move, technology insertion, new product introduction, process revalidation, quality improvement.
• Has provided technical and professional leadership to a team of Engineers
• Six Sigma Certification+B7:G24.
COMPETENCIES • Lots of initiative • Great organizational skills • Confident decision-making ability • Problem solving skills • Interpersonal skills
ADDITIONAL NOTES • The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS – THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. Frequently moves about the production facilities. Must be able to detect unsafe conditions from long distances. WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required the use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: PCC-US.19892