RELX Group Inventory Analyst in Gurgaon, India
Category: Operations (inc. Manufacturing)
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides \web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes over 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
What will you do in Inventory Analyst role?
Job Purpose: Enable the company to achieve maximum investment on inventory of books and support the revenue stream, through managing of stakeholders including Customer Service, logistics, Sales, Finance by active usage of up to date inventory knowledge, methods and skills.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Control inventory levels to meet customer needs and managementtargets
• Review inventory and minimum stock level (MSL) reports of HS or ST books utilizing system tools to minimize out-of-stock situations with Inventory Analysis
• Review stock receipts match order quantities and coordinate claims/credits for shortages/overs
· Liaise with stakeholders (Customer Service, Distribution, Production, Finance, Global Supply, Editorial, Sales, and Marketing) on inventory and reprint related matters.
Inventory reports and management information
· Review and analyze reconciliation variances on month-end inventory reports for all legal entities and propose follow up actions.
· Prepare and distribute monthly summary and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to key stakeholders.
System data integrity and product file accuracy
· Ensure workflows & transactions are consistent in India and the rest of Asia.
Communication and Coordination
· Problem-solving with other departments in the supply chain and able to make ad hoc decisions when require
· Close coordination with Logistics to ensure optimize warehouse space usage
· Monitor IM team daily activities to ensure effective output
• Displays High Integrity and Honesty
• Takes Initiative
• Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Others
Functional andTechnical Competencies:
The successful candidate will to have 5 - 8 years of work experience in Publishing industry
· Knowledge of inventory management, warehouse & distribution, finance, business process improvement and process tools experience.
· Understand, analyses data and calculation inventory replenishment, inventory turn and inventory obsolescence.
· Good Understanding in supply chain, warehouse/distribution processes and some finance knowledge.
· Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Attentive to details and strong problem solving skills
· Innovation and proactive in approach
Desired CandidateBackground : Qualifications and Candidate Attributes
· Education - Degree in Supply Chain Management
· Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Highly motivated and able to work independently.
· Experience working with cross-functions teams and multi-national organization.