Army Installation Management Command Training Instructor (Automotive) in Fort Benning, Georgia
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Citizens. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) - Fill in the blank with Area of Consideration identified by management and included in the AOC Assessment.
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is with the Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation; Community Recreation Division; Located Automotive Skills Center.
Regular Part-Time positions will normally be scheduled 20-39 hours per week dependent upon the needs of the organization. The set guaranteed number of hours for this position is 20 hours.
Schedule will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Responsible for the administration, safe operation, custody, and maintenance of the self-help program within the auto crafts center. Provides technical assistance/training to patrons in the performance of self help automotive repairs ranging from the simple to the more complex automotive including overhaul of engines and transmissions, and bodywork. Informs patrons of shop policies and provides instruction on safe and efficient operation of all equipment and associated tools. Provides individual and class instruction to military personnel and other eligible patrons. Develops lesson plans and prepares training aids and other instructional materials. Plans publicity. Recommends acquisition of new equipment. Complies data for reports and writes reports as necessary.
Provides technical guidance and leadership to employees. Trains new employees. Directs work and provides instructions on tasks. Collects fees and safeguards funds and equipment Orders equipment and supplies.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
Demonstrated ability and experience, or education to perform the duties of the position.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476887500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-09-12
Salary: $25,980 to $35,000 / per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 3
Series: 1712 Training Instruction
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Part-Time - 20 Hours
Job announcement number: SCNAFEA1710037908SR
Control number: 476887500